Step 1: Inquire Online
Admission inquiries are welcome at any time. Families are encouraged to begin the process in the fall for the following academic year.
Please submit the Online Inquiry Form below or contact Mary Walsh at 617-379-5792 or email@example.com for more information.
Step 2: Tour
Get in touch with our Director of Admissions, Mary Walsh, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 617-379-5792 to schedule a private tour.
Open Houses are held in the fall and winter. Dates will be posted here when available.
Step 3: Ravenna
Begin your online application by going to Ravenna and creating an account. Ravenna is used by many Boston area schools to provide an efficient and centralized application portal. Please use your primary email account when creating your profile.
Step 4: Student Screening & Visit:
- Kindergarten: Screenings are conducted with Kindergarten teachers by appointment.
- 1st - 6th Grade: We will schedule a day for your child to visit the school and shadow a member from their current grade. Screening with our Learning Specialist will occur at this time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does my child need to be potty trained in order to attend Preschool?
- Yes -- students entering the Preschool Program must be fully toilet trained before entry. Although the teachers in the classroom will supervise, they are not required to assist the child in the bathroom.
Will I need to provide teacher recommendations?
- Yes -- applicants from PreK - Grade 6 must have a current teacher complete the Teacher Recommendation Form.
When and how are application decisions made?
- The Admission Committee seeks to create a balanced, well-rounded student body. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, or national or ethnic origin. Diversity within a school community enriches the educational experience for all.
- When considering an application, the Admission Committee takes into account many factors, including past classroom performance, teacher recommendations, the school visit, and test results.
- Mount Alvernia Academy's admission policy is to accept siblings of current students first and then by date of application.